Secure, fast and easy EU citizenship.
I. NATURALIZATION BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
NATURALIZATION OF NON-CYPRIOTS BY EXCEPTION
To become a full EU citizen with a Cypriot passport, you need to meet one of the four investment criteria* below, as well as all the Terms & Conditions.
Criterion 1: Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects
You must invest at least €2 million in the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects (residential or commercial developments, developments in the tourism sector) or other infrastructure projects. This includes investment in land under development, provided that an investment plan for the development of the purchased land forms part of your application. This excludes investment in land located in a building zone of zero development.
Criterion 2: Purchase or Establishment or Participation in Cypriot Companies or Businesses
You have must buy into or participate in Cypriot companies or organizations, which have investment costs of at least €2 million, and their funds are channeled into financing local investment goals.
Criterion 3: Investment in Alternative Investment Funds or financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organizations that are licensed by CySec
You must buy units of at least €2 million from Cypriot, CySec-licensed alternative investment funds (AIF) whose investments are made exclusively in Cyprus. This criterion also includes buying financial assets of Cypriot companies or organizations of at least €2 million, such as bonds, bills and securities. However, the purchase by an AIF of units of other AIFs is not considered eligible.
Criterion 4: Α combination of the above investments
You can submit a citizenship application using a combination of the above investments, provided that the total amounts to at least €2 million. You may purchase special Cyprus government bonds up to €500.000. Note that investments in government bonds through the secondary market are not eligible.
Terms & Conditions
- Prior to your naturalization as a Cypriot citizen, you must hold a residence permit in Cyprus.
- You must reside in Cyprus, with a permanent privately-owned residence worth at least €500,000 plus VAT**.
- You must make your investment within a 3-year period before you apply for citizenship and you must keep it for at least 3 years after you become a Cypriot citizen.
- You must have a clean criminal record.
At Ocean Dragon Ltd we pride ourselves on explaining the law and how you can obtain Cyprus (European) citizenship secure, easy and fast. Your legal position is explained clearly and concisely, providing you with pragmatic, individual advice.
For further details of the relevant legislation governing the criteria as well as the terms & conditions of this scheme, click here.
*Please note, you can also apply as a high-ranking senior manager, provided that your salary generates tax revenues of at least €100,000 in Cyprus over a three-year period, and provided that this tax has already been paid or prepaid.
** If you invest in a housing unit or units on the basis of Criterion 1, the purchase of another permanent residence in Cyprus is not required, if at least one of the housing units is worth at least €500,000, plus VAT, and provided that you retain the residence for life.
II. PERMANENT RESIDENCY BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
ACCELERATED PERMANENT RESIDENCE
Non-EU Member- All you need is five years of continuous legal residence in Cyprus and you are entitled to reside there on a permanent basis! This right is granted directly by EU law.
- To apply for this program, you must be a non-Cypriot citizen and meet all of the Terms & Conditions below.
- After you submit your application for Permanent Residence in Cyprus, you should have your permit in 2 months.
- Your spouse and financially dependent children who are students (25 years old or younger) can also apply for permanent residency in Cyprus.
- With permanent residency, you and your family can leave and enter Cyprus without a visa.
- Investors can apply for a reduced 5% VAT rate for the purchase of their residence instead of the standard 19%.
Terms & Conditions
To apply for accelerated permanent residence in Cyprus, applicants must prove that they have:
- deposited €30,000 in a Cypriot bank, pledged for 3 years.
- purchased or own a residence in Cyprus worth €300,000 or more (excluding VAT).
- The applicant should no need to reside in Cyprus just visit Cyprus at least once every two years.
TRADITIONAL WITH A SPIN
While Cyprus boasts a unique, traditional culture and limitless local tourism possibilities, it’s also an outward-looking country with a vibrant arts, gastro and start-up culture. And there’s a lot more on the horizon.
The ancient port city of Limassol is becoming a cosmopolitan hub for boutique hunters and upscale dining, while across the island, the planned Ayia Napa Marina is expected to become one of the Mediterranean’s premier yachting destinations and social hotspots. Recent offshore natural gas developments are also exciting news for Cyprus, which is poised to become a player on the international energy scene.
ENJOY WHAT MATTERS
Many high-net-worth investors choose Cyprus as their home simply because it’s a place where they can enjoy their investments. Cyprus is a country were quality of life counts. With over 300 days of sun per year and pristine beaches only minutes away wherever you are, you’re guaranteed a healthy, low-stress working environment and a gorgeous Mediterranean island to explore in your free time.
What you should know before you invest
Cyprus offers two attractive schemes for foreign investors seeking Cypriot citizenship: Naturalization of Non-Cypriot Investors by Exception and Accelerated Permanent Residence. For a free consultation covering the entire citizenship process from start to finish, please get in touch.